Hold up. It's almost January 1? What in the world? I think I missed Christmas! The last thing I remember was visiting TONS of family members and opening gifts...oh....wait a minute. I know it sounds ridiculous and probably idiotic to some of you, but seriously, Christmas flies by way too quickly every year. Well, not even just Christmas, the whole YEAR flew by. My grandma Portell (I miss her dearly) used to tell me and my cousins "Once you turn 16, the years will fly by faster and faster!" We would all say "yeah right Grandma...whatever"...but she was so right. Every Christmas and New Years I look back and say to myself "where did this year go?" Now that I have children it seems like time is flying by even faster. It makes me really sad to realize that my 'baby' will be 6 in 2011 and my baby baby will be 4...4!!! Okay, I will not cry while I write this blog (not that you'll ever know). :) Even weirder is that fact that I will be turning 30.......
No resolutions this year, those are silly. Does anyone actually stick to them? Here are my goals for 2011;
1. Spend more time with my boys....I mean QUALITY time.
2. Get back to running, I will be training for a 10K
3. Adore my husband and let him know more often how amazing he is and how blessed I am to not only have him in my life, but I get to be married to him!
4. Talk to my family and friends more. I HATE talking on the phone, but I need to get over that and just make the call!
5. Appreciate MYSELF for who I am and what I look like, not who I wish I was and what I wish I looked like.
6. Allow myself to have "me" time and now feel guilty about it (that's a hard one).
7. Embrace turning 30 (oh good grief...just writing that makes me shutter) this summer and appreciate that I've made it this far!
8. Be more open and honest with myself and others.
9. Have confidence in myself, even though there are 'features' I want to change...I will get OVER them and stop worrying about it. At least I will try.
My favorite things that happened this year:
-Spending a few weekends with just the hubs. I love those weekends!
-KidA learning how to read....I'm so proud of him!
-KidO identifying letters and numbers and being so excited about it!
-My oldest nephew (he has autism and is 4 yrs old) allowing me to hold him and play with him for a bit. Gah, it was awesome.
-My youngest nephew being just awesome.
-Watching my youngest brother graduate from high school. I hope to see him excel at college b/c I know he can and I hope he knows it, too! Maybe I should tell him....
-Hanging out with Dave and Jessica more. I love those 2 people so much! I could not have asked for a better brother in law and future sister in law!
-Getting asked to be Jessica's Matron of Honor.....*cries*
-Going to the Eclipse triple feature with Claire, Mandy and Carrie. What a night! And we learned that we are really really old and watching 3 movies in a row is exhausting.
-Visiting our dear friends Rick and Lisa in Pennsylvania. What a blessing it was to see them! Rick even took me running one morning...um...do you realize how many hills there are in Pittsburgh? Yeah, I didn't and I almost died...DIED! Not really, but never again. I'll stick to my flat midwest terrain thank you very much. What a wonderful trip though and we miss those two so much!
-Co-leading my church's MOPS group with my bestie Karen. She is a huge blessing in my life (as well as the group) and I'm so thankful to her for putting up with me and making MOPS so much fun this year!
-Coming clean about my eating disorder. Wow...that was rough, but amazing as well. Thank you all so much for the amazing support! I have been doing so well for over half the year now!
-Spending an entire day with my bestest friend, Mandy. I haven't had time with just her in over 7 years...7 years! We had lots of shenanigans and fun times in the StL. Great times!!
-Seeing my other "old" high school friends over Christmas. I love you Abby and Claire! I miss you Cara!
-Spending more time with Jessica. She truly is the little sister I never had. I love you girlie!
Here's to a great 2011!