Friday, April 27, 2012

A Touch Morbid Review!


Unique twist on the supernatural!

I wanted to read and review this book based on the cover and the title. I guess that says something about me, but it's the truth. The cover is gorgeous and the title had me curious. Imagine my surprise when I started reading the book and realized it was a sequel. At first I was utterly and totally confused. There are so many characters, and they have all these names for the beings that they are and I was lost. However, I did not give up, and I'm so glad I didn't. Here's why:

First, the writing. The writing is so well done. I literally could imagine myself there with the characters, which doesn't happen that often to be honest. Leah Clifford's writing style comes across as effortless and REAL. The whole time I was reading the book I was blown away at how easily the words flowed. Secondly, the characters. There are lots of them, however after reading through the first couple of chapters, I had no trouble keeping track of them all. And each of the characters is important to the story, which I loved. There wasn't just a bunch of secondary characters thrown in the story for good measure, they all needed to be there. And what unique characters they are! Thirdly, the actual story. The story simply blew me away. It's a unique telling of Heaven/Hell that hasn't' been told before. Now, like I mentioned before, I haven't read the first book (A Touch Mortal) yet, but I plan to now! This is a story that has never been told before. It's not just a fallen angel struggling to somehow get back into Heaven, no. It's much, much more than that.

I applaud Leah Clifford for her amazing job on this book, and I plan to hurry on out and buy book 1 so that I can read that, too. It's not very often that I read a sequel and then WANT to read the first book of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment