Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Little Visits with Jesus (25th Anniversary Edition)



Just right for children ages four to seven, this best-seller offers relevant, biblical, and engaging devotions to help a new generation develop a strong faith foundation. Each "little visit" includes: a Bible verse, a story, a life-related devotion, ways to involve children in the story, and a prayer starter or suggestion.  (Taken from back cover)


A few weeks ago I had the honor of receiving a few books to read/review from Concordia Publishing House.  I cannot even begin to describe how excited I was, since this is the Lutheran Publishing company and I'm, well, a Lutheran!  I have heard about this book for the past few years and have been wanting to pick it up for devotionals with the boys, but just never got around to it.  When I opened my box and saw this new edition waiting for me, I squealed.  Yep, I squealed.  This book has been wonderful! Having two young children in the house (and 1 on the way), this book is perfect for our family.  The devotions are 1 page each, easy to read/follow, and open the door to great discussion.  Each devotion easily keeps my 4YO and 6YO's attentions (which isn't always easy).  

I cannot recommend this book enough to those of you with small children.  If you've been looking for a devotional for your young family, look no further!  Go out and grab this devotional today, you won't regret it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment