Thursday, June 14, 2012

Rapture (Fallen #4)



RAPTURE, the fourth & final FALLEN novel, is the Lauren Kate book the world has been waiting for.

The sky is dark with wings. . . .
Like sand through an hourglass, time is running out for Luce and Daniel. To stop Lucifer from erasing the past, they must find the place where the angels fell to earth.
Dark forces are after them, and Daniel doesn’t know if he can do this—live only to lose Luce again and again. Yet together they face an epic battle that will end with lifeless bodies . . . and angel dust. Great sacrifices are made. Hearts are destroyed.
And suddenly Luce knows what must happen. For she was meant to be with someone other than Daniel. The curse they’ve borne has always and only been about her—and the love she cast aside. The choice she makes now is the only one that truly matters. In the fight for Luce, who will win?
The astonishing conclusion to the FALLEN series. Heaven can’t wait any longer. -Amazon.com



I have been so excited for this book for a LONG time.  I could not wait to read the ending to this series.  I love how unique this "fallen angel" series is compared to others, the tragedy of Luce & Daniel's love, the way not all the fallen angels are actually Hell's angels or bad.  After reading the third book of the series, Passion, I definitely could not wait to finish the series.


What I truly wanted from Rapture was more Daniel/Luce time, and Lauren Kate gave it to me.  I honestly would have liked more, but hey, beggars can't be choosers. :)  We finally get to know how Daniel and Luce FIRST met, and I mean for the VERY first time.  And Ms. Kate does a great job of tying all the lose ends together, while still giving us some romance and adventure.  


I was a bit worn out with the whole love story of Daniel and Luce though, to be honest.  I mean, after Passion I just wanted them to be happy and to not have to be living their love over and over without ever truly being together.  In my honest opinion, I think the series could have been 3 novels and been better.  However, that's just me!  Overall, I think this book does a great job of ending the series, giving the readers closure with all the characters, and I think fans of the series will be happy with it.  Thank you Ms. Kate, for a great and unique story!


  I was truly hoping for an ending to the entire series that I could be happy with. I think Lauren Kate did just that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment